Jun 5 2017
The good thing about exercising outdoors is that you have the chance to lose weight and also relax. You will see tonnes of beautiful sceneries. You can also appreciate the beauty of nature. It doesn’t feel like you are exercising. It is just like a regular day where you head out to see just how wonderful the surrounding is.
Before heading out, take note that there are items you need to bring with you. These things will make everything more comfortable. Check your bag before leaving. If you are not bringing a huge bag if you are out for running, find a way to still bring these essentials.
- Bottled water. You need to stay hydrated. You can’t run long distances without water. Not only will you get easily tired, you might also pass out. Imagine being in a remote area upon suffering dehydration. No one will help you. Another option is to find a route where you can buy bottled water along the way or at least a water fountain where you can refill your bottle. Aside from drinking water, you might also need extra water for your entire body. You sweat a lot so water keeps running out of your pores. You need to replenish them with water.
- Smartphone with a headset. It would be more relaxing if you play music while running. People have preferences when it comes to the type of songs to be used for exercising. There are those who prefer mellow music since their goal is to just relax and appreciate the environment. Others would rather go for more upbeat songs. This makes them more energised while running. You may also opt for the best portable computer speakers if you want to stop for a while and just appreciate the outdoors. Smartphones may also track your progress on the road. It is important that you record what you have accomplished to make you even more inspired.
- Sun protection. You can’t just go out without sun protection especially during the summer. You need sunscreen to keep your skin protected. You also need sunglasses to protect your eyes from the harmful rays of the sun. Take note that even if you think you can take on the heat, it can do a lot of damages to your body. This is true especially if you head outdoors to run frequently.
- Extra shirt. You should not let your sweat dry out. As soon as you are done exercising, you need an extra shirt. Otherwise, it would be a big problem. Some people develop breathing problems over time because they always end up having dried shirt after running long distances. You need a towel too. However, it is not enough if your shirt is already wet. Bring a smaller piece of clothing so that even if you are not bringing a bag when doing outdoor exercise, it is just fine.
- There seems to be no point in running outside if you could not track your progress. With this device, your personal progress and records will be easily transmitted to your smartphone so you can determine what else you need to do achieve your goals.
Once all these items are ready, you can now head outdoors and start running. Just make sure you do all these activities constantly. Create a schedule so you won’t have a hard time fitting exercise in it. Even if you feel tired, just think of all the health benefits that you will get from running.
You will lose weight. You keep your heart healthy. You feel relaxed. You are energised. You also feel more optimistic. There are a lot more than you can get out of this outdoor activity. Start running short distances, and keeps pushing yourself to go further. Soon, you will take more difficult road challenges. You can even try running a steep road or an uphill climb.
Also read: 3 Must Have Items for Your Home Gym in 2017